< Frequently asked questions home
Completing the child passport application
Section 1: Child's personal information
Section 2: Information on applicant
Section 3: Previous Canadian passport
Section 4: Proof of Canadian citizenship
- Am I required to submit a detailed birth certificate with my child's application?
- Can I submit a laminated birth certificate?
- Do I need to submit the child's original proof of citizenship?
- Will my child's citizenship document be returned to me?
- What document should I submit as proof of my child's Canadian citizenship?
Section 5: Declaration of guarantor
- Do children need their own passport to travel?
- Is my child entitled to free replacement passport?
- My child will soon turn 16 years old. Should I apply for a child's passport or wait to apply for an adult passport after his or her birthday?
- Are parents required to sign their child's passport?
- Does my child need to sign his or her passport?
- Is my child required to provide any documents to support his or her identity?
- Will my child's passport expire once he or she reaches 16 years of age?
- If I am divorced or separated and want to get a passport for my child, are there any other documents that I need to submit?
- Can I prevent a passport being issued in the name of a child under 16?
- Can airline companies force parents to sign their child's passport?
- What should a parent do if they have signed their child's passport?
- Date modified: