Frequently asked questions


Does my child need a consent letter if he or she is not travelling with a parent?


We recommend a consent letter for all children who are not travelling with both parents. You may obtain a sample consent letter on the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website.

Don't see your answer here?

Look for your question on the Frequently asked questions main page.