Coming soon—we’re moving to Canada.ca
We’re almost ready to launch the new passport section on Canada.ca. This change will make it easier to find the passport information you need.
Simplified Renewal Application Process
- Are children eligible for passport renewal?
- What is the simplified renewal process?
- Who can apply through the simplified renewal process?
- Can I renew in 48 hours using the urgent service or within nine business days using the express service?
- What is the advantage of renewing rather than reapplying?
- Do my photos need to be signed if I apply through the simplified renewal process?
- Will passport renewal applications be processed faster than general applications?
- Why do I have to submit my most recent passport if it has expired?
- If my most recent passport was lost, stolen or damaged, am I eligible for the simplified renewal process?
- I have to send my passport to apply for renewal, but it still contains a valid visa. How should I proceed?
- Date modified: